pomegranate and spiced-roasted mixed beetroots
- 3 bunches (1kg) mixed heirloom beetroot, trimmed and halved
- ½ cup (125ml) orange juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 green cardamom pods
- ¼ cup (60ml) pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios, to serve
- seeds of 2 pomegranates, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the beetroot, in a single layer, in a deep-sided oven tray. Place the orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, pomegranate juice, honey, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour over the beetroot. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden and syrupy. Top with pistachio and pomegranate seeds to serve. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.