with zucchini, soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 4 x 200g salmon fillets, skin on, halved
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 270g soba noodles
- 4 zucchini (courgette), shredded
- sea salt flakes, to serve
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought kimchi, to serve
- Place the ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and mirin in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the salmon in a separate bowl and spoon over 2 tablespoons of the ginger dressing. Gently toss to coat and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush the salmon with oil and cook, skin-side down, for 2–3 minutes each side.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook the noodles in salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Divide the noodles between plates, top with the zucchini and salmon. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, sprinkle with salt and serve with the kimchi. Serves 4
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.