slow-roasted onion tray stuffing
with olives, sage and oregano
- 8 onions, sliced into 2cm-thick slices
- 1 cup (250ml) dry sherry
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cups (210g) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup (120g) Kalamata olives, pitted and torn
- ½ cup sage leaves
- ½ cup oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Place the onion, sherry, water, 2 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper in a large oven tray. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes or until very soft. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- While the onion is cooking, place the breadcrumbs, olive, sage, oregano, lemon and remaining oil in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Place on top of the onion and cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Serves 8–10.
There are no comments for this entry yet.