smoky chorizo, haloumi and
spinach breakfast waffles
- 280g dried chorizo, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 3 cups (75g) shredded baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup (125g) grated haloumi
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 x quantity basic waffle batter*
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Add the chorizo, spinach, haloumi and chives to the *waffle batter and fold to combine.
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cook 1 cup (250ml) of the *waffle batter for 6–7 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 waffles. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the eggs and cook for 1–2 minutes or until just cooked.
- Divide half of the waffles between serving plates and top each with an egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and sandwich with the remaining waffles to serve. Serves 2.
There are no comments for this entry yet.