stracciatella with crispy basil
and garlic sourdough crumb
- 100g sourdough bread, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 250g stracciatella+
- Place the sourdough in a small food processor and process until very finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the basil leaves, in 3 batches, for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove and set aside on paper towel to drain. Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and cook for 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute or until golden. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the lemon rind, salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Divide the stracciatella and basil leaves between plates. Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with the breadcrumb mixture and black pepper to serve. Serves 4
Photography: Anson Smart
There are no comments for this entry yet.