strawberry and ricotta muffins
with oat crumble topping
- 400g strawberries, halved
- ½ cup (90g) rapadura sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups (320g) wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (240g) fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon wholemeal self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 1 tablespoon light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rapadura sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). To make the oat crumble, place the oats, flour, oil and sugar in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place the strawberry, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl, toss to combine and set aside for 10 minutes. Add the flour, oil, eggs, buttermilk and ricotta and stir until just combined. Divide the mixture between 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins. Sprinkle with the oat crumble.
- Cook for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Transfer to wire racks and set aside to cool. Serve. Makes 12.
There are no comments for this entry yet.