sweet potato and tahini hummus
- 400g sweet potato (kumara), peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 400g can chickpeas (garbanzos), rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (70g) tahini
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- chilli flakes, to serve
- micro (baby) lemon balm leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 240°C (475°F). Place the sweet potato, garlic, cumin and 1 tablespoon of the oil on a large oven tray and toss to combine.
- Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 10–15 minutes or until softened. Place the mixture in a food processor and add the chickpeas, tahini, 2 further tablespoons of the oil, lemon juice, water, salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- Place the remaining oil and paprika in a small bowl and mix to combine. Spoon the dip onto a serving plate. Top with chilli flakes, paprika oil, extra paprika and lemon balm to serve. Serves 6
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.