thyme and champagne-roasted parsnips
- 2kg parsnips, peeled, quartered and cut into 8cm lengths
- ½ cup (90g) light brown sugar
- 16 sprigs lemon thyme, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups (500ml) Champagne or sparkling wine
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Divide the parsnip between 2 large roasting pans. Sprinkle with the sugar and toss to combine. Divide the thyme and Champagne between the pans, toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, turning halfway, for 30–35 minutes or until the parsnip is golden and caramelised.
- Transfer the parsnip to a serving plate, top with extra thyme and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 6-8
There are no comments for this entry yet.