rosemary and sea salt shoestring fries
- 1.5kg sebago (starchy) potatoes, washed and cut into matchsticks
- ¼ cup (60g) store-bought duck fat+, melted
- 12 cloves garlic, skin on
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Divide the potato, duck fat and garlic between 2 lightly greased large oven trays, sprinkle with salt and toss to coat. Cook for 20–25 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden.
- Add the rosemary and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the fries are golden and crunchy. Serves 4
+ You can find duck fat in the chilled meat section of supermarkets or in delicatessens and specialty food stores.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.