with hand-cut potato chips
- 2 large eggplants (aubergines)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
hand-cut potato chips
- 1kg sebago (starchy) potatoes, cut into chips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- smoked paprika, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the hand-cut potato chips, place the potato, oil and salt on 2 large oven trays and toss to combine. Spread the potato in a single layer and cook for 30–40 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and crisp.
- Place the eggplants directly on the grill of a barbecue or the flame of a gas cooktop and cook, turning every 5 minutes, for 20–25 minutes or until charred and very soft.
- Place the eggplants in a colander and set aside to drain and cool for 5 minutes. Scoop the flesh into a large bowl, discarding the skin. While the eggplant is hot, add the garlic, cumin, coriander, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mash well with a fork until creamy.
- Place the eggplant dip in a serving bowl and top with the pomegranate seeds, mint, walnut and oil. Sprinkle the chips with salt and paprika and serve with the dip. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.