with raspberries and pistachio
- 150ml eggwhite (about 4 eggs), at room temperature+
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 250g raspberries
- 2 tablespoons slivered pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the eggwhite in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form. Add the caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisking for 30 seconds before adding more. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Whisk for a further 6 minutes or until stiff and glossy. Add the vinegar and whisk for 2 minutes. Place 6 large spoonfuls of the mixture on the tray. Dust with the cocoa and bake for 50 minutes or until the meringues are dry to the touch. Turn the oven off and allow to cool completely in the oven with the door closed.
- Place the cream and icing sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Top the meringues with the cream and sprinkle with the raspberries and pistachios to serve. Makes 6
+ Making meringue is a science – be sure to measure the eggwhites carefully, remembering egg sizes do vary.
There are no comments for this entry yet.