chocolate tiramisu pie
- 250g store-bought plain chocolate biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 600g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) espresso coffee
- 1¼ cups (310ml) single (pouring) cream
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1½ cups (375ml) single (pouring) cream
- ¾ cup (180g) mascarpone
- Place the biscuits and butter in a food processor and process until finely crushed. Press into the base and sides of a 25cm (1.5-litre-capacity) oval-shaped dish, using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Place the chocolate in the cleaned food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Place the coffee and cream in a small saucepan over high heat until almost boiling. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. Pour into the dish over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 3–4 hours or until set.
- To make the whipped mascarpone, place the cream and mascarpone in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm round nozzle. Pipe the mascarpone mixture onto the surface of the ganache. Dust the pie with cocoa to serve. Serves 10–12
I loved this pie!! I’m 14 years old and I made this all by myself! It was rich but I guess that’s from the dark chocolate. I love baking from your recipes, Donna. Luv you!!!!
donna hay team
Hi Sally, we’re not sure where things are going wrong as the chocolate mixture should set. The cream, coffee and chocolate will set when refrigerated for the required time. The dh team.
The chocolate mixture just doesn’t set, there is something wrong with this recipe, such expensive ingredients too. I’d value your feedback, Sally