chicken, pumpkin and sumac fritters
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 3 cups (390g) grated butternut pumpkin (squash)
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sumac, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 2 cups (320g) shredded cooked chicken+
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- store-bought aioli, to serve
- Place the flour, eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, mint, sumac, onion, chicken, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook tablespoonfuls of the mixture, in batches and adding more oil with each batch, for 6–7 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with extra sumac and serve with aioli. Serves 4.
+ You can use poached chicken breast, leftover roast chicken meat or store-bought roast chicken meat in this recipe.
There are no comments for this entry yet.