mixed olive and thyme biscotti
- 3 cups (450g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups (200g) pitted mixed olives+, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated pecorino
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a 20cm square slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the flour, baking powder, olives, salt, thyme and pecorino in a large bowl and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and milk and mix well to combine. Press the mixture into the base of the tin. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Remove from the tin and set aside to cool slightly.
- Line 3 large baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Using a serrated knife, slice the dough into 2mm-thick pieces and place on the trays. Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely before serving. Makes 40
+ Try a mix of Kalamata and Sicilian olives, or use your favourite combination.
There are no comments for this entry yet.