mustard roast beef
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1.5kg boneless beef rib eye
- Preheat oven to 120°C (250°F). Place the mustard seeds, salt, pepper and thyme in a mortar and pestle and pound until lightly crushed. Add the oil and pound until combined. Set aside.
- Brush the beef with the extra oil. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook the beef for 1–2 minutes each side or until brown. Remove from the pan.
- Secure with kitchen string and rub the mustard mixture over the beef. Place on a rack in a baking dish and roast for 1½ hours for medium rare. Serves 4–6.
+ After roasting, cover the meat with foil and rest in a warm place for at least 10 minutes to allow the meat to relax.
There are no comments for this entry yet.