japanese-style vegetable fried rice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cups cooked long-grain rice+, cooled
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup (140g) frozen edamame beans, thawed
- ¼ cup (70g) pickled ginger
- micro (baby) purple basil leaves, to serve
- shredded nori (dried seaweed),
- black sesame seeds and togarashi++, to serve
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the mirin and soy sauce and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Divide between bowls and top with the edamame, pickled ginger and basil. Sprinkle with nori, sesame seeds and togarashi to serve. Serves 2 or 4 as a side.
+ 1⅓ cups (265g) uncooked rice will yield 4 cups cooked rice.
++ Togarashi is a Japanese chilli powder. Find it at Asian grocers and specialty spice shops.
There are no comments for this entry yet.