no-bake chocolate and walnut brownies
- 18 soft fresh dates (360g), pitted
- 1 cup (100g) cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- ¼ cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 1½ cups (240g) almonds
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 2¼ cups (335g) raisins
- ¾ cup (75g) walnuts
- Line a 20cm square slice tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the dates, cocoa, maple syrup, almonds and butter in a food processor. Process for 3–4 minutes or until well combined. Add the raisins and walnuts and process to combine. Press into the tin, using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the brownie from the tin and cut into squares. Dust with cocoa to serve. Makes 16
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.