coconut yoghurt cake
- 2 eggs (ready for breaking!)
- ¾ cup (180ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (280g) natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (sunny flavour)
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ½ cup (180g) honey
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1¾ cups (225g) white spelt flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons coconut cream
- ⅓ cup (75g) white (granulated) sugar
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Grease a 22cm round (2-litre-capacity) non-stick bundt tin.
- Break the eggs into a big bowl. Add the oil, yoghurt, lemon juice, sugar and honey and mix well with a whisk. Add the coconut, flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the bowl with a spatula, and bake for 40–45 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Wearing oven gloves, remove the cake from the oven. Allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- To make the coconut glaze, place the coconut cream and sugar in a small bowl. Mix with a spoon until just combined (try not to overmix it). Carefully flip the cake (it will still be quite hot) onto a cake stand or serving plate. Spoon the glaze over right away and let the sugar crystallise. Slice to serve. Serves 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.