prawn and pickled fennel mini burgers
with pink peppercorn
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 medium bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced using a mandolin
- ½ cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 8 mini brioche buns, halved and toasted
- 16 cooked prawns (shrimp), peeled and halved
- Place the vinegar, peppercorn, honey and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the fennel and toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to pickle.
- Spread the mayonnaise on half the buns, top each with the prawn and pickled fennel, and sandwich with the remaining buns to serve. Makes 8
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.