rose and raspberry trifles
- 125g frozen or fresh raspberries
- ¼ teaspoon rosewater
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- 75g mini store-bought meringues, crushed
- 2 cups (500ml) single (pouring) cream
- store-bought Persian fairy floss (see tip), to serve
- Place the raspberries, rosewater and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in a bowl and mash lightly with a fork. Divide half the raspberries between the base of 4 x ¾-cup-capacity (190ml) glasses and top with meringue.
- Whip the cream with the remaining sugar until very soft peaks form and divide half the cream between the glasses. Layer with the remaining raspberry mixture and cream. Top with fairy floss to serve. Serves 4
Persian fairy floss, or pashmak, is available in specialty food or cake decorating stores
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.