steamed salmon and lemongrass pilaf
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, sliced
- 7cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- 1½ cups (300g) long grain rice
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 4 x 200g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- soy sauce, to serve
- Place the lemongrass, ginger and garlic in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the lemongrass mixture and salt and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Add the rice and stir to combine. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes. Place the salmon, in a single layer, on top of the rice mixture, cover and remove the pan from the heat. Allow to stand for 4 minutes.
- Top the pilaf with coriander, basil, green onion, chilli and soy sauce to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.