spicy chorizo pan lasagne
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 x 100g dried firm chorizo, cases removed and processed into mince
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 fresh lasagne sheets, trimmed to fit
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 cups (300g) grated mozzarella
- 1½ cups (120g) finely grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a 22cm (2-litre) ovenproof non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and chorizo and cook for 10 minutes. Add the chilli, tomatoes, water, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Return 1 cup of the sauce to the frying pan and spread evenly. Begin layering with with 1 lasagne sheet, ⅓ of the remaining sauce, ⅓ of the basil and ⅓ of the combined cheeses. Repeat the layering with remaining ingredients, finishing with cheese.
- Place the pan over medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 25–30 minutes or until cooked through. Preheat a grill (broiler) to high heat. Grill for 2–3 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Serves 4–6.
Really yummy & an easy take on lasagne