spicy lentil and meatball soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 400g spicy pork and fennel sausages, cases removed
- 2 cups (560g) tomato purée (tomato passata)
- 1 litre water
- 1 x 400g can lentils, rinsed and drained
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (65g) store-bought pesto, to serve
- ⅓ cup (25g) finely grated parmesan, to serve
- flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Roll the sausage mince into small balls and cook in batches, turning, for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the tomato purée and water to the pan and bring to the boil. Return the meatballs to the pan.
- Add the lentils, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Divide the soup between serving bowls and top with the pesto, parmesan and parsley to serve. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.