char-grilled tomato skewers
with dill pesto and buffalo mozzarella bruschetta
- 6 slices sourdough
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 600g heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 250g buffalo mozzarella
- ½ cup chervil leaves
- ¼ cup dill sprigs
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- ⅓ cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. To make the dill pesto, place the dill, basil, chives, parmesan, oil, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Lightly brush each side of the bread slices with oil and cook for 1 minute each side or until charred. Set aside.
- Thread the tomatoes onto 6 metal skewers. Lightly brush the skewers with oil and cook for 2–3 minutes, turning, or until charred and blistered. Top the toast with the mozzarella, tomatoes, chervil leaves and dill pesto to serve. Serves 4–6
There are no comments for this entry yet.