steamed treacle pudding
- 2 tablespoons treacle
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ¼ teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 cups (300g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- 120g butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (60g) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ⅔ cups (160ml) milk
- golden syrup, extra, to serve
- Place the treacle, golden syrup, mixed spice, flour, baking powder, butter, eggs, brown sugar, caster sugar and milk in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Spoon into a lightly greased 6 cup-capacity (1.5 litre) pudding basin and secure with a lid. Place in a large saucepan and pour in enough boiling water to come two-thirds up the sides of the basin. Cover with a lid and boil, topping up water, if necessary, for 2 hours or until the pudding is springy to the touch. Invert onto a plate and pour over extra golden syrup to serve. Serves 6.
There are no comments for this entry yet.