sticky chilli ribs with coconut and cabbage slaw
- 1 x 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (180g) honey
- ½ cup (125ml) lime juice
- 800g pork spare ribs (boneless)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 300g Chinese cabbage (wombok), shredded
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (80ml) coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- Preheat oven to 250°C (475°F). Mix to combine the ginger, garlic, chilli, honey and ¼ cup (60ml) of the lime juice.
- Place the ribs in a deep-sided baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and pour over the ginger mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- While the ribs are roasting, mix to combine the cabbage, mint, cucumber, coconut cream, lime rind and remaining lime juice. Serve the ribs with the slaw. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.