sticky five-spice chicken skewers
with radish and carrot salad
- ¼ cup (60ml) oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3cm piece fresh ginger (15g), peeled and grated
- 8 x 100g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 green onions (scallions), cut into lengths
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 2 cups coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced using a julienne peeler
- 200g radishes, thinly sliced using a mandolin
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- steamed rice, to serve
- Place the oyster sauce, five-spice and ginger in a bowl and mix to combine. Add the chicken and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Thread the chicken and green onion onto skewers.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over medium heat. Brush the skewers with oil and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Place the coriander, carrot and radish in a bowl, drizzle with the vinegar and toss to combine. Serve the skewers with the salad and rice. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.