sticky tomato relish
and maple pork ribs
- 1½ cups (390g) store-bought tomato relish, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 x 500g racks American-style pork ribs, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the tomato relish, maple syrup, oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and blend with a hand-held stick blender until smooth.
- Place the ribs in a deep-sided oven tray lined with aluminium foil and pour over the tomato mixture. Toss to coat and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook, brushing with the marinade occasionally, for a further 30 minutes or until the ribs are cooked through and sticky. Serve the ribs with the extra tomato relish. Serves 2
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.