super green baked risotto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1½ cups (300g/10½ oz) arborio rice
- 4½ cups (1.25 litres/42 fl oz) vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g (3½ oz) baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups (120g/4¼ oz) shredded kale leaves (stems removed)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup (5g/⅛ oz) roughly chopped basil leaves
- ½ cup (40g/1½ oz) finely grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Heat a large deep ovenproof frying pan or flameproof roasting pan over medium heat. Add the oil, leek, lemon thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until leek is golden and soft.
- Add the rice and stock and stir to combine. Cover with a tight-fitting lid or sheets of aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow to stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir the spinach, kale, lemon rind and juice into the risotto. Continue stirring until risotto is creamy and the greens are tender. Stir through the basil and parmesan and serve. Serves 4
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.