sweet potato and chilli hash brown
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- coriander leaves, lime wedges, whole-egg mayonnaise and store-bought chilli relish, to serve
- Place the sweet potato, spring onion, chilli, egg, salt, pepper and sesame oil in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the sweet potato mixture, flatten and cook for 6–8 minutes.
- Carefully turn out+, return to the pan and cook on the other side for a further 6–8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan, cut into wedges and serve with coriander, lime, mayonnaise and chilli relish. Serves 4
+ To turn out the sweet potato hash brown, place a plate or round tray on top of the frying pan and flip over. Slide the hash brown back into the pan.
There are no comments for this entry yet.