sweet potato curry soup
with coriander oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (150g) korma curry paste
- 1kg sweet potato (kumara), peeled and chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 400g can coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, extra
- ½ cup coriander leaves, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- cracked black pepper, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the sweet potato, stock and water, increase heat to high and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the sweet potato is very soft. Add the coconut milk and, using a hand-held stick blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Place the extra oil and finely chopped coriander leaves in a small bowl and mix to combine. Drizzle the soup with the coriander oil and serve with pepper and extra coriander leaves. Serves 4–6
What a fabulous soup onto my 2nd batch!