best buttermilk pancakes
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- ⅔ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- vegetable oil, for greasing
- butter and maple syrup, to serve
- Place the flour, baking powder, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and egg yolks in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Place the eggwhites in a clean medium bowl and beat with electric hand beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold the eggwhites into the flour mixture.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil. Cook ¼ cupfuls of the mixture, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Top with the butter and maple syrup to serve. Serves 6.
These are worth the extra work with the egg whites. So light and fluffy. We had them with lemon butter and raspberries - sublime
Best pancakes you’ll ever have.
So simple to make and worth it! X
Delicious!x light and fluffy