chocolate swirl lamington pavlova
- 280ml egg whites (about 8 eggs)
- 2¼ cups (500g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup (105g) homemade or store-bought raspberry jam
- shredded coconut and coconut flakes, to serve
chocolate swirl cream
- 100g dark (70% cocoa) chocolate, chopped
- 300ml single (pouring) cream
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- Place a sheet of non-stick baking paper onto a baking tray+.
- Place the egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a spatula for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved++.
- Remove from the heat and transfer mixture to a bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for 8–10 minutes or until thick and glossy.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto prepared tray and shape into a tall round. Sift the cocoa over the top of the meringue.
- Reduce oven temperature to 120°C (250°F) and bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until pavlova is dry to touch. Allow to cool completely in the closed oven.
- To make the chocolate swirl cream, place the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool. Place the cream in a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Add half the chocolate mixture and swirl through the cream.
- To assemble, place the chocolate pavlova on a serving platter. Top the pavlova with chocolate swirl cream, raspberry jam and drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and coconut flakes to serve. Serves 8–10
+ Draw a 20cm circle onto your paper and invert onto your tray for the perfect circular guide.
++ Rub some of the egg white mixture between your fingertips to ensure all the sugar has dissolved.
There are no comments for this entry yet.