one-bowl banana cake
- 4 medium ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- ½ cup (125ml) light flavoured
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups (265g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla and mix to combine. Add the flour and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Pour into a 22cm round cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Cook for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire wrack to cool completely. Serves 8–10.
Made this as a last minute cake (with frosting) for my partner’s birthday and it was so simple and delicious. The whole family loved it and will definitely be using this recipe again!
This is a simple recipe with an excellent result. I changed the brown sugar to dark brown sugar and added some chopped walnuts and the result was outstanding. Thanks for this recipe! It’s now become a favourite!
Easiest cake to make, even after a couple of days it’s not dry and everyone loves it! Baking made easy!
Absolutely beautiful and easy to make. Thank you!
Beautiful cake so easy! I love the 1 bowl cooking - it was my husband’s birthday cake
Delicious cake, very moist and easy to make.
This is a new family favourite!!!
Moist and tastes great.
So quick and easy with very few ingredients. Love it