carrot cake cookies
with cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup (90g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal (ground almonds)
- ¾ cup (110g) CSR coconut sugar
- ½ cup (75g) plain (all-purpose) wholemeal (whole-wheat) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup (115g) roughly chopped pecans
- ¼ cup (40g) raisins
- 1½ cups (180g) peeled and grated carrot
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
cream cheese frosting
- 125g cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup (40g) CSR icing (confectioner’s) sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine the oats, almond meal, sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, pecans and raisins in a bowl.
- Add the carrot, egg and oil and mix to combine.
- Drop 12 x 2 heaped tablespoons of the cookie dough onto a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cookies are golden. Allow to cool on the tray.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, place the cream cheese, lemon rind and icing sugar into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Sandwich the cookies together with the frosting before serving. Makes 6 sandwiches
These cookies are amazing with or without the frosting - you choose.
Photography: Chris Court
This recipe is from Donna’s book One Pan Perfect - click here to purchase
There are no comments for this entry yet.