strawberry and coconut cake
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup (160ml) light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (280g) natural greek-style (thick) yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1¾ cups (260g) self-raising (self-rising) flour
- 400g strawberries, trimmed and halved
- extra caster (superfine) sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the eggs, oil, yoghurt, lemon rind and sugar into a bowl and whisk until combined. Add the coconut, baking powder and flour and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, top with the strawberries and sprinkle with the extra sugar. Bake for 45 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with extra yoghurt. Serves 12
There are no comments for this entry yet.