rich walnut brownie
- 225g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (220g) white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup (175g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts
- Dutch cocoa, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat, and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add the flour and walnuts and stir until well combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Cook for 35–40 minutes or until fudgy when tested with a skewer. Set aside in the tin to cool completely. Dust with cocoa to serve. Serves 10–12.
Tips + Tricks
+ You can substitute walnuts for other nuts, or a combination of nuts, if you prefer.
There are no comments for this entry yet.