thai green curry
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 4 coriander roots
- 4 kaffir limes leaves, stems removed
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 long green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed and sliced
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- steamed jasmine rice, steamed greens and lime wedges, to serve
- Place the lemongrass and coriander roots in a mortar and pound with a pestle until crushed. Add the lime leaves, ginger, green onion, chilli and garlic and pound until the mixture forms a paste. Add the coriander leaves, palm sugar, soy sauce and fish sauce and mix to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the chilli paste and cook for 4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the rice, steamed greens and lime. Serves 4.
TIPS + TRICKS
+ The curry paste can be made in advance and kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days.
There are no comments for this entry yet.