toasted grain and cauliflower tabouli
- 4½ cups (450g) cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup (100g) cooked buckwheat
- 1 cup (165g) cooked coarse burghul
- ½ cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 cups flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (70g) pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup (40g) dried currants
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh ricotta and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the cauliflower, buckwheat, burghul, oil, ras el hanout, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture between 2 baking trays and roast for 25–30 minutes or until golden and puffed. Allow to cool.
- Place in a large bowl, add the parsley, dill, pistachios, currants and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Serve with ricotta and lemon wedges. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
This was delicious! Easy to make and tasty!