tomato and crispy parsley pasta salad
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- 1½ cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 10 anchovy fillets
- 600g heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g cavatelli pasta+
- 1 birdseye chilli, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the capers and cook for 1–2 minutes or until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the parsley, taking care as the pan might spit. Cook for 30 seconds or until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the garlic and anchovies and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the garlic is golden.
- Place the garlic mixture in a large bowl, add the tomatoes, remaining oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water. Add the pasta to the tomato mixture and mix to combine. Place on a serving plate and top with the crispy parsley, capers and chilli to serve. Serves 4-6
+ Cavatelli is a type of small hollow pasta shell. If unavailable, you can use small pasta shells.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.