tomato and root vegetable minestrone
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1.5 litres boiling water
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig bay leaves
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 8 baby turnips, trimmed and halved
- 1 swede, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened and golden brown. Add the water, tomatoes and bay leaves, bring to the boil and cook for 4–5 minutes. Add the carrot, turnip and swede and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Divide between bowls, top with parsley and serve with bread rolls. Serves 4.
There are no comments for this entry yet.