cheat’s lemon meringue tarts
- 8 thin plain sweet biscuits
- 1 cup (350g) store-bought lemon curd
- ¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 2 eggwhites
- To make the meringue topping, place the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar syrup in a thin, steady stream and beat until the meringue is thick and glossy.
- To assemble, preheat oven grill (broiler) to high. Place the biscuits on an oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Top each biscuit with a little lemon curd and spoon over some of the meringue. Grill for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the peaks of the meringue are golden brown to serve. Makes 12
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.