chicken, chorizo and potato tray bake
- 1kg roasting potatoes, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 2 red onions, peeled and sliced into wedges
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 x 125g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and halved
- 3 chorizo sausages, cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 8 sprigs oregano
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 stalks kale (110g), stems removed, leaves torn
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the potatoes, onion, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Place on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20–25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the chicken, chorizo, paprika, oregano, maple syrup and remaining oil and toss to coat.
- Place the kale on top of the potatoes, top with the chicken and chorizo mixture and cook for a further 20–25 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Serves 4
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.