peach melba with coconut praline
- 2 white peaches, halved and stones removed
- 1 cup (220g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- store-bought raspberry sorbet, to serve
- ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
- ⅓ cup (15g) flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). To make the coconut praline, sprinkle the sugar evenly over a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake for 8 minutes or until the sugar has turned light golden. Sprinkle with the coconut and allow to stand for 10 minutes to set. Break into large pieces and set aside.
- Place the peaches, sugar and water in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4–5 minutes or until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and gently peel the peaches, discarding the skins. Set aside. Simmer the poaching syrup for a further 8–10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Divide the peaches between plates and top with a scoop of raspberry sorbet. Spoon over some of the poaching syrup and serve with the coconut praline. Serves 4
There are no comments for this entry yet.