whole-roasted white wine and butter cauliflower
- 1.5kg cauliflower, trimmed with leaves intact
- 2 cups (500ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch thyme (about 6 sprigs)
- 8 cloves garlic, skin on
- 4 strips lemon rind
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the cauliflower, wine, stock, butter, mustard, thyme, garlic, lemon rind, salt and pepper in a deep-sided roasting pan. Cover tightly with aluminium foil and roast, basting with the pan juices every 30 minutes, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover, baste with the pan juices and roast for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown to serve. Serves 6
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.