basic waffle batter
- 1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
- ¼ cup (35g) cornflour (cornstarch), sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1½ cups (375ml) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- Place the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the buttermilk, oil and egg yolks, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- Place the eggwhites in a medium bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add the eggwhite to the flour mixture and gently fold to combine. Makes 1 quantity.
donna hay team
Hi Lidia, We use buttermilk for our waffles as it helps create that light fluffy texture. Hope this helps!
On this recipe if I don’t want to use the buttercream is it possible? Or do I have to use it?
I’ll wait for a reply.