chicken and chipotle tacos
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 1 x 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (60g) chipotle chillies in adobo sauce, chopped (a little kick)
- 1½ teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 12 small flour tortillas, lightly toasted
- tomato salsa, avocado salsa and coriander (cilantro) leaves to serve (optional)
- Place the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and salt and cook, stirring with a spatula for 3–5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Add the chicken mince and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through, breaking up any lumps with your spatula as you cook. Add the black beans, chipotle chillies+ and paprika and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the tomato salsa, avocado salsa and coriander, then roll up to enclose the filling and dig in! Serves 4
+ Use 1 chopped chipotle chilli combined with ¼ cup of the adobo sauce.
Photography: Con Poulos
There are no comments for this entry yet.