balsamic beetroot and goat’s cheese tarts
- 1 x 375g store-bought puff pastry
- 2 small beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup (150g) frozen pitted cherries
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries, lightly crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 200g goat’s cheese and rocket leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced).
- Cut the pastry into 4 x 6cm x 16cm rectangles and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Top with another sheet of non-stick baking paper and a second baking tray to secure+. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is crisp.
- Place the beetroot, cherries, juniper berries, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper into a frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until cherries are soft and the liquid is syrupy. Set aside.
- To assemble, place the pastry rectangles on serving plates and top with the balsamic beetroot and cherries, goat’s cheese and rocket. Serves 4
+ Baking puff pastry between two baking trays makes the pastry super crunchy.
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.