cheat’s tiramisu with whipped mascarpone cream
- 24 savoiardi (sponge finger) biscuits
- donna hay cocoa powder, for dusting+
whipped mascarpone cream
- 1 cup (250g) mascarpone
- 300ml pure cream
- ¼ cup (40g) icing sugar
espresso soaking liquid
- ½ cup (125ml) espresso or other strong coffee
- ⅓ cup (80ml) pedro ximénez sherry
- ⅓ cup (80g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the whipped mascarpone cream, place the mascarpone, cream and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until soft peaks form.
- To make the espresso soaking liquid, combine the espresso, pedro ximénez, sugar and vanilla into a bowl and mix to dissolve the sugar.
- To assemble the tiramisu, dip 12 biscuits into the espresso soaking liquid for about 3 seconds and divide between serving plates. Top with the whipped mascarpone cream and repeat with the remaining biscuits and whipped mascarpone cream. Dust with cocoa and serve. Serves 6
+ donna hay cocoa is available from Woolworths supermarkets and donnahay.com
Photography: Chris Court
There are no comments for this entry yet.