banana and coconut muffins
- 3 cups (780g) roughly mashed banana (about 8 bananas)
- 1¼ cups (100g) shredded coconut
- 1 x quantity base muffin mixture (see recipe link under method)
- 1 tablespoon raw caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 12 x ½-cup-capacity (125ml) muffin tins with paper cases and set aside.
- Add the banana and ¾ cup (60g) of the coconut to the muffin mixture and fold until just combined. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins.
- Place the sugar and the remaining coconut in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle the muffins with the coconut sugar and bake for 25–30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12
TIPS + TRICKS
+ Sprinkling muffins with sugar before they’re baked gives them a crunchy golden crust.
+ Muffins freeze well – once cool, wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw for lunchboxes or easy afternoon tea.
Photography: William Meppem
There are no comments for this entry yet.